Help with applying
Where can we get help?
There are a number of ways you can access help and assistance for gaining the AQS:
- For organisations who have applied for the AQS, Recognising Excellence can offer one half day on-site visit and telephone assistance. The Desk Top Audit which Recognising Excellence undertake gives you excellent feedback on the work you need to do (if any) in advance of your first assessment visit.
- With a temporary licence, you are able to access the resources and tool kits we have on the website. These are not comprehensive and on their own will provide you with enough to achieve the AQS from first base.
- Membership organisations such as AdviceUK, Youth Access or National Council for Voluntary Organisations may provide support to you through their membership scheme or give you access to templates or documents that you could adapt for the AQS.
- AdviceUK have licence to provide training on applying for the AQS. Contact AdviceUK directly if you are interested in attending a course.
- Some funders will provide support and resources to help organisations achieve quality marks and you should contact them for details. Trust for London, for example have provided much support to advice services in London.
- Current AQS holders sometimes offer assistance to new applicants, particularly if you share something in common, for example you are in a partnership or you have a similar client group. We may be able to help link you with such organisations if you would prefer not to ‘cold call’!
- This website has been designed to help you and if you feel it is missing some vital information which would help you apply for the AQS, please let us know. We want your application.